Sunday, February 21, 2010

Still in the holiday moooood

CNY this year was quieter than usual. And the weather is so darn hot i tell you! I can literally cook an egg on the hot tar road. It's that bad! Even if it does rain, it rains heavily for 15 mins but and it back to scorching hot once again =/ no difference. The weather is always hot during CNY every year. Gee!

Headed for my mum's hometown, Taiping on the first day.


Pretty sunset isn't it?


It's a shame I didn't actually take these pictures. My cousin did. I was at home sleeping.. it was too hot to go out =/

Taiping was sooo boring! Nothing to do and nothing to eat.. the ones that were open served crap food with high prices :S

Hiked up Maxwell Hill which was the only fun thing I did there :) My mum and I acted smart and decided to hike up ourselves...we ended up hiking all the way up for 10km till the peak. Oh my goodness. My legs were O.O when we reached! Usually people go up usin the four wheel drive. We were too tired to walk down again (it'll take 2 hours min!!) so we begged the driver to give us a lift..and he was even nice enough to lend us money to buy drinks. Such a good samaritan :)

We hiked up carrying absolutely nothing can you imagine! No water, no money and worst of all, no handphone!!!! If we were eaten by the tigers also nobody will know. Also, no camera!!!! The scenery from the peak was awesome i tell you!!! Can see the whole of Taiping! I was complaining to my mum that we should have brought the camera!! :(

Did nothing besides eating and sleeping and bathing 10 times a day. Shower already, once I step out of the bathroom, sweat again. Dammittt! The weather made me grumpy, literally.

Ooh! My grandma found super old SPM exam papers in the house left by my uncle.


These 'artifacts' older than I am! HAHA.


Headed to Penang on the 3rd day (finally!!!!) after rotting in Taiping for two LONG days.


I always enjoy good ol' Penang :)

Probably cos we have much more relatives there and cousins to play with :P

Visited my grandaunty's son's new house. Wahhhh very grand lehhh! Especially inside. But i was dam paiseh to take pics inside cos everybody was talking. Outside also very nice! I think surely hire ID wann!


So big but only 3 ppl stay wthh =.=

My cousin sister got very fascinated especially and started taking pictures everywhere. And I thought I was bad enough :P


Love the garden!




Checked into the hotel after and rested (with aircond thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Visited my mum's cousin over at her 'twin-tower' apartment near Queensbay. The apartment view was fantastic!!! Overlooking the Penang bridge..they'll always be the first to know if it's jammed up with carss LOL

It cannot be missed.. exact replica of our Petronas Twin Towers here in KL. Even got sky bridge!!! Haha. You can see it when you're entering Penang on the bridge! Dam high class man :P


It'was Batu Ferringhi at night..our usual spot when we're there :) DVDs are cheappppp mannn!!! XD

Next day, visited my granduncle over at Teluk Bahang (the other end of the island!). Very far.. and also very hot! HAHA.


He breeds swiflets for their bird's nest..very common in most kampung areas nowadays. Good money! But his one no birds yettt so depressinggg XD

My granduncle cannot be missed! He blends with the white wall behind. HAHAHHA.


The food this year seriously very depressing. All is overpriced and not that nice alsooo :S Cannot eat hawker food during CNY mann. Ken dearie even got food poisoning in one of the coffee shops!!! :S :S Con ppl!!

Spend 2 nights in Penang and headed to Sitiawan to meet my dad's friend. Had a good meal there (after so many days of lousy meals!). Ordered their famous 'Red Wine Mee Suah' and 'Hock Chew Fishballs'! Total yums!! :D :D Sorreh no pics we acted like hungry vulturess. HAHA.

We should have stayed in Penang longer (like we usually do!) and don't stay at Taiping next time! If stay also max ONE day. I seriously cannot tahan. Penang is cool! :D

Don't we all love CNY?? ;) Can't wait for next year!

Saturday and Sunday was spent visiting friends and relatives :)

I was so fascinated when one of the houses we visited served us tube chocolates (exactly like a toothpaste!)


Must suck it out to eat it. Hahaha. Felt like I was eatin toothpaste! XD
Imported from the USA. Malaysia don't have one. Dam fail! Yums!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Semester officially starts tomorrow. Sighhhhh I'm soo lazy to go back to uniiii T______T
Not enough holidayssss larrrrrr :( :(

I'm so depressed, not looking forward at all!

I want CNY to last forever!!!!!!!!! :D

(yes lah, in my dreams!)

:(

xx

No comments: