Monday, April 5, 2010

Food is comfort.

I've been out and about trying out new food these last couple of days :D

Finally tried Fong Lye @ Gardens. There's a perpetual queue most of the time. Had to wait almost 20 mins just for a table! It's amazing how we managed to wait this time considering the fact that we have always wanted to try it but we're always not bothered to wait XD

At least the wait was definitely worth it! The food is awesomeeee! :D
Probably explains the long queue ALL THE TIME!

Look..a pepper saucer!! HAHA how cute omgg!! I'was damm fascinated okeh.

My mum loved their teapot set. Really intricate detailing..looks like bone china!


There were five of us..we were so greedy that we ordered starters, and a main course set EACH! XD

This was something different from the ordinary :)


I loved their fried squids!!!!!! Tastes like the Shihlin Street Snacks fried chicken, but much tastier and with squid instead of chicken. AWESOME!


I had their Beef Noodles Soup..looked so tempting in the picture!


It came with side dishes @ RM19.80 ++

The fried wantan was fuuhhh! Huge prawns in it!! :D


My dad had their '5 types of wine' chicken.


Mum had soup noodles with fried chic cutlets since she doesn't take beef.


My uncle ordered this massive set @ RM29.80 ++



They are very generous with their ingredients and portions. This set is meant for one prolly for big eaters, but it can actually be shared between two. I doubt anybody can finish this without feeling over stuffed :X


Lil bro tried the chef's recommendation. It looks weird and mushy i know..but trust me, looks can be deceiving!

Also came with side dishes!

All sets comes with side dishes so it's actually quite a lot to consume. Confirm eat till full full!!

I tried all of the dishes..and ALL was good! Seriously, i think everything on the menu is good XD

Yes, too much food! HAHA too greedyyyy :P

The good food no doubt explains the long queue most of the time. Good good food!!!! I will be back Mr. Fong Lye! :D

Sets priced from RM19.80++ onwards.

Oooh, I just remembered we all even shared a dessert! Had their peanut shaved ice dessert :) (we devoured the dessert b4 i could snap a pic of it!)
I know it sounds dam weird, but my uncle wanted to be adventurous, and we placed our order late so that was the only one left! Thank God it was good! :D Something very rare (as far as i know). It's like eating iced peanut butter! Haha good thing, it wasn't too creamy and sweet. This dessert is a must-share. One person will die eating it alone! HAHA

I wanna go back soon!! Anybody?? :D

-----------------------------------------------------

My mum and the brat brother is enjoying in HK and China now. Sighh i feel so depressed..i also wan go!!! :(

To make up for it, my dad and I have been on the hunt for nice food HAHAHA. Eating expensive food for two people won't be so burdensome of the pocket compared to four ppl ya know :P

Had Thai@ My Elephant for lunch today. My 2nd time after like 2 yrs i think. Totally forgot about that place till my dad mentioned it today.

Best starters ever!!! Yums!


They only serve brown rice. Good for those health-conscious ppl like me HAHA! (yeah right)
Its exactly like the one i eat at home man XD But they charge RM3 per portion..a bit expensive for rice dontcha think??


The curry was very rich and aromatic, but a tad too creamy for my liking.


Thai food ain't complete without Tom Yam!
I ENJOYED IT SO MUCH I LITERALLY DID NOT LEAVE A SINGLE DROP OF SOUP IN THE BOWL! :D


Very generous with ingredient as well. All sorts of spices, serai, mint leaves..you name it, they have it!


Was stuffed after lunch. No Thai food for a month for me! My dad thought it was a bit pricey but at least, the food made up for it :)
They have set lunches on weekdays only at RM8.90 with drink, main course, dessert, and fruit!! So reasonable I must try it one day!!! :D

Blogging about food is soo fun HAHA makes my mouth water all the time :P

Another 3 days till my mum's back. I still got Tony Roma's and Sushi Zanmai to go to! :D
HAHAHA.

No class tomorrow yay! :D

Happy happy meeee!

xx

No comments: