Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Journey of a thousand miles

Got an email from an old friend. At the end, its says..

1. Treasure what you have now, than to only regret once it's gone.

2. Give what you can now, than to only regret to have not given.

I don't know, but it just hit me instantly. Its true that we don't have a long time on this earth to live, so why don't we just live life to the fullest and not worry about petty little things that doesn't make much impacts in our lives. Like.. worrying whether we look bad this morning..is my hair out of place? is my make up smudged? do i smell bad? i wonder if he'll notice me if i wear this? or perhaps even making something big out of a small things. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that we should live and smell like a total pig. But you know, just take some time out and start focusing on more important issues.

The first one in particular really hit me. I started thinking to myself whether i've let anyone down. Perhaps i should start treating people around me better, treasuring them. Not that i'm treating them badly now.. but just to, you know, make them feel that God created them for a purpose on this earth and not everyone's out to get them. Its not a dog eat world thing. That they are in fact, created not by accident, but by purpose. Even small things matter. Like holding the door for a stranger, or helping a friend in need to the utmost capability. You know, these kinda things DO actually matter, even if you don't realise it.

I admit i've experienced certain regrets in life that i wish i could turn back time and hope to replay it all over again, differently.

I guess life ain't that easy.

Perhaps i should start now, with whatever i have and make the most out of it.. so when i look back in 20 years time, I'll be contented and will be able to say i've achieved much and definately have no regrets whatsoever.

I hope you will too.

No comments: