Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Go easy on the apple pieee

I've been on a baking mode these past few days/weeks. Accomplished baking a carrot cake, walnut brownies and mint chocolate cupcakes in a span of less than 3 weeks. I'm so proud of myself :D (oh, and Ken too :P)

All first-time recipes used and thank God all turned out pretty yummy ^^

We made the mint chocolate chip cupcakes (we bought Lindt dark chocolate for the toppings which made it 100% nicer!!!) to bring to that pot luck party last week! Icing on cupcakes seriously makes it all the yummy-ier and makes it look really appetizing!!!!!


Haha I shall start making icing for my future cupcake-baking :D


And walnet brownies I made the day before. It'was recommended to be microwaved for 10 seconds and topped with vanilla ice-cream before serving. We didn't have that (we were wayyy too stuffed!) but I'm sure it would make it extra extra delicious!!!!! (with the extra calories, what wouldn't?? LOL!)


A different type of brownies made by a friend. We had two choices of brownies that night!


Super sweeett coconut balls with chocolate chip.


We even had chocolate fondue!!! It was quite untouched due to the fact that we had an overload of food! XD I wish my tummy had more space, I would have licked it through and through! Haha.


Another friend brought her Oreo Cheesecake to celebrate the December baby.


Make a wish and bloww!

Haha I just realised I only took the pictures of the desserts. Welll thats becoss the desserts were worth mentioning, and my camera went flat halfway through photo-taking so I couldn't take more :(

Peek-a-boooo!


One nice shot before my camera had to be mean and died on me :(


Mann I came home stuffed to the brim and I felt so uncomfortable. I came to a conclusion that :
Holiday season = overindulgence= BAD FOR HEALTH!

Haha. And I'm right! Read an article today in the NST that we should go easy on year-end parties as most of the food served are sugar, fat and calorie laden food :S And you know what's the highest calorie dessert on the list?

Apple Pie!

Darn. One of my favourites :( And I thought desserts like bread-and-butter pudding would make it to the top of the list heh? I don't get it tho. It's just apple! ( I thought fruits were healthy??!! XD) Probably apple by itself is healthy. We've to minus the sugar added to the pie eh? O.O

9 days to Christmas! My favourite time of the year! (besides CNY of course ^^)

Wheee!

xx

No comments: