Monday, January 12, 2009

No Pain, No Gain

So i was at over at PD last weekend..a good time to chill and relax before the new (and long) semester started. Boohoohoo!

Haha i was at this restaurant, and they hung up this. I think its soooo catchy!! Haha. Especially the one "for the wives". LOL. Must read!

*click to enlarge*
Eagle's Ranch @ PD.

We played basketball.. haha. I manage to score most of the goals. Not bad not bad for a newbie :P


We also played beach volleyball. Man, this game makes your hands hurt :(

And, it ain't as easy as it looks. When you're actually playing, its sooo hard. The net is like 3 times higher than you! Haha.


Then, most of us were all gung-ho for the obstacle courses. Its typical NS style man. You'll find out in a bit.

The gung-ho people! My sis was darn lazy man. She just slept beside the pool -.- Even my mum joined us for the obstacle courses. Shame on her! :P

We had to go through 20 obstacles altogether. Some were pretty simple. Others were harder. Some was darn hard.

Notice the log with the murky water at the bottom? I was afraid of this. I didn't wanna fall in it and get myself wet with ewww mud water. But but but, haha i managed to pass it without sweat :D

And this. It was pretty simple cos we had alot of people so we cheated a bit. haha. If you were doing it alone, man its tough! Trust me, its not as easy as it looks!

How we played cheat : We had people to hold the ropes. ;) Well, the instructor told us how to do it. Cos normally the main aim of these obstacles are to achieve teamwork.. people had to figure out themselves how they wanna do it. So since we were there just for the fun of it he kinda told us the trick. If not we'll be there till night time man! Haha. So not really counted lah. :P

"Go mummy go! "

Ehem. In ken's words.."go tiger go" :P
Ah, this was tough! The wall was like 3 times my height. And we had to figure how each got to get pass it.

Strategize strategize strategize!

We got the two 'stronger' men to be up there to assist us.

" Oi, faster lah very hot lah! "

Go go go!
Haha i don't know how but we all managed to go through the wall. All i can say is, teamwork is important. Lol. There were many other more obstacles but I didn't manage to capture shots of them.

Our team.
We were all so exhausted at the end of the day. So we went for a yummy dinner at this Malay- Thai-ish Restaurant. I hardly patronise Malay restaurants, but I have to say that the one we went to, the food was really really good. The bomb was the clear tomyam soup!! *droolsssss*
Its either that, or we were all to hungry to notice :P

The next day, I woke up with my joint aching and my arms strained. But everyone felt the same! So don't say I'm not fit :P It still hurts till now. :( The effects of not warming up. Sigh sigh!

The next day, I went go-karting!




The experience for me? It sucked because i got a lousy kart, my accelarator could not pick up, the seat was vibrating like crazy, and we had to wait over an hour for our turn because this group of Malay people hogged the whole race track -.- Not worth my 2o bucks!

The last time was way better.

We didn't go to the beach. Knowing the condition of our beaches in West Malaysia. We'll get black sand instead. Haha.

Argh! my body still aches, till now. :(

Well, on another note, classes resumed today. I love my new timetable! Well, for now. Hopefully the tutorials won't be an ass and screw it up! XD

So how was my first day of lecture?

B-O-R-I-N-G. Nuff said.

No comments: