Monday, February 2, 2009

I love CNY!

Hello hello! Me is back!!! :D

CNY was great!! Hahaha of course its because of the ang pau-s ( ka-ching, ka-ching!) , food (yummy yummy cookies!) and most importantly the company of course; where its the time to gather and celebrate as a family and ber-bonding bonding. Thats what CNY eve is for! ;)

Had the family reunion at Taiping. I feel reunion dinners on the eve of CNY are really overpriced man. You can get it a quarter of the price during normal days. They all come in sets. No single orders. -.- Con people wan!!



Whats CNY without Yee Sang! :D



Me : * tosses yee sang high in the air, higher than the rest!*
Mum : "Eh look at you lah, spill all over the table already"
Me : "The higher the better mah! More fatt (prosperous)! :D "
Mum : * -.- speechless and tries to toss higher than me *

And whats CNY without some pok-kiau-ing ( gambling in hokkien) :P

On the 2nd day, we headed to Penang, the Land of the Pearl Orient! :D

Bad traffic on the bridge -.-

But beautiful scenery! :)



Visited grandma..
And some dogs..

Visited my mum's cousins' apartment called 'The View'. Built in replica of the Petronas Twin Towers. Awesome view from above which overlooks the Penang Bridge!! So good to be able to see the traffic and avoid jams :P


View from above! Awesome!


Bad bad jam. Me no likey!

The super-cute-adorable cousin who is super-naughty and clever to talk! Haha. Cuteness of life!!!!! He's only 9 but talks like a big kid! He bully me wan leh!!! :( :(

On the way back to KL... the view of Penang Island!


Awesome awesome scenery! I wish I had a DSLR! It would look much much nicer! teehee! Anyone wanna donate one to me? :D

Well, I know there isn't any pictures of the oh-so-famous-Penang food. I didn't really get to savour them!!! *wails* Sigh sigh sigh! But I did get to savour the famous Cendol at Taiping, and famous Penang Ice Kacang! :D

Actually, I think, overall Penang's hawker fare can be found in KL. KL's hawker is just as good seriously. But of course, the prices in Penang are lower like RM2.50 to RM3 for a bowl of noodles but of course slightly smaller portion. But the taste doesn't vary that much really. In fact, sometimes KL hawker food is much nicer, only if you know where to go lah that is :)

So yea, the trip was great overall! I always love the CNY season! :D

I don't want it to end! :P

Anyways apart from CNY, had Ms.Aurora's farewell gathering today. Yes, steamboat yet again. Steamboat is always a part of CNY. Back in Penang, I had steamboat twice in like 3 days. -.-

Adjourned to Aurora's house after..

Ms. Aurora will heading to Monash, Melbourne. Another Malaysian in Melbourne! Haha! Its seriously overpopulated with Malaysians man!!!! :P




I'll miss you babe!!! ;)


So yup! Yet another friend leaving. Sigh sigh! WE WILL MISS YOU missy!!

Another gathering tomorrow over at Sim's! And tuesday at Ian's!

Man, I love CNY! :D :D

I'm also missing my baby!!! Happy 525 days my dear!!! <3

No comments: