Monday, October 19, 2009

Go away you dirty bacteriaa.

It's the start of a new week tomorrow and I'm so NOT looking forward. It feels like I've got TONS of things to do, but so little time :( Not to mention loads to study for exams in 3 weeks omgg ><

*sigh*

The weekend was great and relaxing as usual. Always look forward to it after a stressful week. :)
With Ken baby who's back makes it all the more funn! If only everyday could be like this XD

Was craving for dimsum so we headed to Hong Kee's @ DJ for brunch yesterday.

The oh-my-god-mouth-watering Siew Mai!!

And Wu Kok (Yam cake).


Ken didn't let me eat it since I was having a sore throat and BOY I WAS SO DEPRESSED. That means no fried carrot cake, brinjal and prawn fritters which I absolutely love and never fail to have it everytime I'm there!:'(

I HATE YOU BACTERIA IN MY THROAT. DIE DIE DIE!

T___T

I could only have all the steamed stuff :( What a 'right' timing for a sore throat!

Prawn dumplings..abit tasteless XD


Fishh ballsss!


Something like Siew Mai but with extra pork in it. Yum!


Dimsum never fails to make me happy :D

Spent quality time with Ken dearie. I did not get to go shopping though HAHA :P

Ohh ohh did ya know Levi's is having a sale?? Like omgg they never have sales so this is like soooo surprising. Up to 70% off!! I really wanted to take a look so we dropped by after dinner at the outlet in The Gardens.

Browse browse browse BUT sighhh I couldn't find anything nice. It was only the 2ND day of the sale and all the nice stuff were sold outt!!!!! :( Geee...I guess sale or no sale makes no difference eh!

=.=

♥ ♥ ♥
Have been wanting to try the Din Tai Fung Restaurant over at The Gardens for some time now, since I've been hearing good comments about it. So decided to drop by there for dinner :)

There was a long queue but it was only the two of us so we didn't have too wait long.

Of course, we ordered their famous Siew Long Bau! Or XLB as they call it.


And boyyyy was itttt deliciousssss slurrp slurrrp!! :D

Did ya know you had to use your chopsticks and take it from the tip so that the soup in it won't leak out? I didn't know so the first two i took, the soup leaked out and it wasn't as yummy :( :(
The final one I ate was the proper one since I ate it the way its supposed to be; the soup which melts in your mouth and with the ginger and vinegar that complemented it perfectly!! Ahh!
Ken wants to go back to have just the siew long bau tomorrow! ^^

The 'Chang-jiang' noodles or something like that. Its basically shredded pork with spring onions and radish.


Pretty tasty I must say, the noodles is what makes it extra yummy-licious! Springy and just-the-right texture.

My Prawn and Pork Wantan Soup noodles. A bit bland but the noodles and wantan was good!


For side orders, we had prawn dumplings with spicy chilli flakes. This was the bomb! (well, after the XLB that is!)

Crispy Fried Chicken. Perfect batter, not too oily.


We were stuffed by the time we finished our meal. But we felt gluttony and wanted to try their dessert!

I had Red Bean Paste with Sesame Tong Yuen!


And Ken had Soya Milk with Sesame Tong Yuen.

And mannn their desserts were equally good. The Tong Yuen had the perfect texture and just enough filling. One of the best I've tasted!

Somewhere I would recommend to go if you're craving for good food. Their even voted one of the Top 10 restaurants in the world! For them to get that far, they must have some quality in their food. That, I'm assured. :)

Prices may be slightly steep but very well worth trying.

Just got back from my Grandma's birthday dinner. Will leave that for another day :)


Aren't the cupcakes lovely?? ^^

Sigghhhh. My sore throat is irritating me :( Gonna drink the home-made enzyme now to kill those bacteriaaaa!!

Till then!

Nights world! ♥

xx

No comments: