Monday, July 2, 2007

Making an impact

Did anyone see how beautiful the moon was yesterday? It was so huge and orange, it actually looked like an orange. I actually mistakened it for a balloon. Cos u know, the newly opened Bangsar Village II has two huge balloons hung up and the moon was almost the same size. So, i actually thought it was a balloon. Silly me, i know :P I should have taken a picture of it, but i forgot. hehe.



You know, its amazing sometimes to see the beauty of God's creation. How he created the world, and everything in it, including us. And us, our body being so so complex. Every detail and whimp designed to absolute perfection. Isn't it amazing?? And us, sometimes taking things for granted and being us most of the time being always ungrateful in situations where it seems to be no way out. I myself fall into that category and sometimes question God, why this and that. I'm sure all of us has experienced that kind of feeling before. Nobody's perfect.
Just look at how beautiful and breathtaking the wonders of god's creation!











I was chatting with a friend yesterday night, talking about.. yes, the moon. haha. It was seriously amazing! Whoever missed it is like.. not knowing who princess Diana is. Okay, i might be exaggerating but you get my point. Anyway, back to the point. It seems that the pretty moon is actually a sign of bad bad change in climate. If you learnt science before, you should kinda roughly figure out what an orange moon means. It happens because there's too much dust and dirty stuff accumulated in the air. And you know, all those bad bad stuff. I don't really know what, but i know it ain't good. :P




And then, we got into the topic of end times. You know, like the day the world ends. You know all these stuff which is going on in our world today, wars, bombings, drought, drastic change in climates etc etc is actually a signal of the end times. If you read the Bible, or the Quran, all these are signs that speculate the end times. I don't want to sound scary and all, but you know.. i've come to a realisation that it is something that we should be prepared for.

I'm sure most of you will think we should live life to the fullest, worry tomorrow enjoy now etc etc. Sometimes, I admit, I myself think that way. Seeing all these signs sometimes make me wanna be prepared for it and all. But somehow i don't know why, i'd feel that there's this guilt in me that u know, i only wanna be prepared for it cos its near. Not because I should, but becos its happening. I don't really know how to explain but i hope u get what i'm trying to say.

I attended a memorial service at church yesterday. The deceased was an elder in my church. He founded and started FGA. He never gave up, held on to challenges, seeked God in everything he does, and served Him whole-heartedly. The church got people to go up and give testimonies on how he had impacted their lives. It was indeed touching on how he encouraged people when they were in times of need, helped them, prayed for them, even till his last breath. They actually mentioned that when people went to the hospital to visit him and prayed for him, he actually said " Wait, let me pray for you too." I'm sure he had a hard time speaking, but indeed he proved himself to be man of his word and prayed although he would have felt much pain. Indeed, he has lived his life how God wanted him too, fulfilled his purpose and he has and will still impact many many people.

This made me think to myself what will i leave for people i know if i would be taken away from this world today. What would they have remembered me for? Would i have impacted their lives? Would i have leaved a strong impression on them? Would i had changed their lives and led a good example? Or would i just be another ordinary person living on the street, minding her own business? I hope i've made an impact.
I don't want to sound all preachy and all, but i'm sure that these are sure things for us to ponder about and we should strive, to not only want to MAKE and impact, but to BE an impact.


Well, for me at least. My resolution, I hope. :)

No comments: