Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Reading frenzy!

Hmm is it just me or is people going into the reading mood these days. I think its becos of the Harry Potter craze, which i personally don't follow. hahahha. :P



Anyways, i've been caught up with a few pretty interesting books! hahaha. Can't remember the last time i actually read a book! U know, like when u were young, when u fill up this forms stuff, they always ask u ur hobby. And first thing that comes to my mind, is ...reading! hahaha. and it isn't even my hobby! lol. probably because you want people to "think" that you're a bookworm. ( which i'm so obviously not, although i WISH and i TRY to. Heh)


Hmm. Thinking back, hahahha its quite amusing.



So yeah.. I've just finished.. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.





And i'm so proud of myself cos i managed to finish it in a day! haha. Best part is, i actually read a book, thinking back of the last time i seriously sat down and read a proper book, haha i can't even recall. These days, all the books that i have is for studies. Sad right.



Anyways, yeah i must say the book is pretty interesting. Not like super duper fantastic, but its above average la. haha. Keeps u wanting to know what happens at the end. Basically its about this chick, Rebecca Bloomwood.. who's a .. the title gives it away, a shopaholic. And trust me, a really really super one! She can be in a huge debt but still spend money as if its water! haha. fine, not to that extent but still. So yeah, she works as this financial consultant kinda thing. I mean, kid me not, a person who can't even manage her OWN finances, giving other people advice? hahaha. ain't it funny? u can predict whats gonna happen man.. But.... haha i'm not gonna give away spoilers! read the book yourself! So yeah, thats basically it.. and her love life's complicated.. yada yada. Hm so yeah its pretty interesting!





A shopaholic. Darn! Sometimes i can identify with what she's going through! haha. I admit I'm a shopaholic, but only to a certain extent... I'm not as bad. At least i spend within my means, and not go into huge debts, asking banks for overdraft facilities and all. Now, thats really really bad shape. ( arthur, does this justify as my answer ;P) Come on, all girls love shopping! it only depends on the degree of interest. haha. LOL. i sound like i'm teaching economics! But but but, we should never let materialism contol us, but instead we should control it! Teens these days always want the best, the branded, the coolest, the latest things whether it may be clothes, gadgets, or any kinda stuff. Little do they know, that its hard to earn that kinda money to spend. I mean, haha if you can afford it , fine. But some people just take it too far, spend above their means, borrowing money here and there.. and if all else fails, they resort to drastic measures like erm, stealing, prostitution and stuff. Sigh, If you're one of these ppl, YOU NEED HELP.. like fast!! I mean, our parents work so hard to provide us the best they can, but still we're not satisfied. That's why i always tell myself to be contented with what i have and not complain.. Thank god for everything in life. Although i may not be super rich or super smart or super whatever, at least i'm much better off compared to other people living in places like Bosnia, Africa etc. Now, thats bad. So stop comparing and be satisfied!





I hope that knocked some sense into your head! hehe. So for the next few days, i'm gonna be reading.. Shopaholic takes manhattan!

Hopefully it'll be as great! Ahh, the sky's really really dark. That signals rain! ahaha time for my nap! Fine, i won't be so lazy..i'll read before i nap, better? :)

Tata!

No comments: